Mar 29, 2012, 3:21 PM EDT
Signed to a minor-league deal in mid-February, veteran right-hander Scott Linebrink will be in the Cardinals’ bullpen to begin the season after the team added him to the 40-man roster today.
Linebrink is 35 years old, but pitched decently last season for the Braves with a 3.64 ERA and 42/21 K/BB ratio in 54 innings.
He’s had an ERA between 3.57 and 4.66 in each of the past six seasons, striking out at least 7.0 batters per nine innings every year except 2007.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17