Mar 29, 2012, 3:21 PM EST
Signed to a minor-league deal in mid-February, veteran right-hander Scott Linebrink will be in the Cardinals’ bullpen to begin the season after the team added him to the 40-man roster today.
Linebrink is 35 years old, but pitched decently last season for the Braves with a 3.64 ERA and 42/21 K/BB ratio in 54 innings.
He’s had an ERA between 3.57 and 4.66 in each of the past six seasons, striking out at least 7.0 batters per nine innings every year except 2007.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27