Mar 29, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Aaron Rowand signed a minor league deal with the Marlins back in December, but it never got beyond that, as the Marlins released him today. Don’t cry for Rowand, though: he’s still being paid on that five-year, $60 million deal the Giants gave him.
He might be done playing, though. He hit .233/.274/.347 with four homers in 331 at-bats before being released by San Francisco last season. He still has an OK glove, but the man can’t hit anymore and in these days of 12 and 13-man pitching staffs, a defense-only outfielder is not a luxury a lot of teams can afford.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (90)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (77)