Mar 29, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
Aaron Rowand signed a minor league deal with the Marlins back in December, but it never got beyond that, as the Marlins released him today. Don’t cry for Rowand, though: he’s still being paid on that five-year, $60 million deal the Giants gave him.
He might be done playing, though. He hit .233/.274/.347 with four homers in 331 at-bats before being released by San Francisco last season. He still has an OK glove, but the man can’t hit anymore and in these days of 12 and 13-man pitching staffs, a defense-only outfielder is not a luxury a lot of teams can afford.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)