Mar 29, 2012, 10:25 PM EDT
The Rangers revealed their season-opening rotation on Thursday, pegging Colby Lewis for Opening Day (April 6) against the White Sox. He will be followed by Derek Holland and Matt Harrison in that three-game series vs. Chicago before Darvish kicks things off against Seattle. Neftali Feliz will go fifth.
Darvish agreed to a six-year, $60 million contract in January after the Rangers paid a $51,703,411 posting fee to the Nippon Ham Fighters for his exclusive negotiating rights. The 6-foot-5 hurler posted a 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings last season in Japan. He has a 3.00 ERA, 1.44 WHIP and 10/7 K/BB ratio in nine Cactus League innings this spring.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)