Mar 29, 2012, 10:25 PM EST
The Rangers revealed their season-opening rotation on Thursday, pegging Colby Lewis for Opening Day (April 6) against the White Sox. He will be followed by Derek Holland and Matt Harrison in that three-game series vs. Chicago before Darvish kicks things off against Seattle. Neftali Feliz will go fifth.
Darvish agreed to a six-year, $60 million contract in January after the Rangers paid a $51,703,411 posting fee to the Nippon Ham Fighters for his exclusive negotiating rights. The 6-foot-5 hurler posted a 1.44 ERA and 276/36 K/BB ratio in 232 innings last season in Japan. He has a 3.00 ERA, 1.44 WHIP and 10/7 K/BB ratio in nine Cactus League innings this spring.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)