Mar 30, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Tom Tango is big on crowd-sourcing. In the past he has asked readers for personalized scouting reports, but he does other stuff along those lines too. Including this, his Community Forecast, which determines how often each player on a given team is expected to play.
There are many applications for this kind of data, be it fantasy or analytical or both. And it helps to figure out whether True Fans of a team — who know its ins and outs — know more than mere algorithms projecting the same stuff.
Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution, and help Mr. Tango out with his crowd-sourcing.
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 61
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 22
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 11
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)