Mar 30, 2012, 12:33 PM EST
Tom Tango is big on crowd-sourcing. In the past he has asked readers for personalized scouting reports, but he does other stuff along those lines too. Including this, his Community Forecast, which determines how often each player on a given team is expected to play.
There are many applications for this kind of data, be it fantasy or analytical or both. And it helps to figure out whether True Fans of a team — who know its ins and outs — know more than mere algorithms projecting the same stuff.
Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution, and help Mr. Tango out with his crowd-sourcing.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 22
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 153
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (166)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (100)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)