Mar 30, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Tom Tango is big on crowd-sourcing. In the past he has asked readers for personalized scouting reports, but he does other stuff along those lines too. Including this, his Community Forecast, which determines how often each player on a given team is expected to play.
There are many applications for this kind of data, be it fantasy or analytical or both. And it helps to figure out whether True Fans of a team — who know its ins and outs — know more than mere algorithms projecting the same stuff.
Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution, and help Mr. Tango out with his crowd-sourcing.
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 4
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 200
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)