Mar 30, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Tom Tango is big on crowd-sourcing. In the past he has asked readers for personalized scouting reports, but he does other stuff along those lines too. Including this, his Community Forecast, which determines how often each player on a given team is expected to play.
There are many applications for this kind of data, be it fantasy or analytical or both. And it helps to figure out whether True Fans of a team — who know its ins and outs — know more than mere algorithms projecting the same stuff.
Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution, and help Mr. Tango out with his crowd-sourcing.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 51
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 85
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)