Mar 30, 2012, 12:33 PM EDT
Tom Tango is big on crowd-sourcing. In the past he has asked readers for personalized scouting reports, but he does other stuff along those lines too. Including this, his Community Forecast, which determines how often each player on a given team is expected to play.
There are many applications for this kind of data, be it fantasy or analytical or both. And it helps to figure out whether True Fans of a team — who know its ins and outs — know more than mere algorithms projecting the same stuff.
Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution, and help Mr. Tango out with his crowd-sourcing.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)