Mar 30, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Frank McCourt made his bones with a big parking lot in Boston. And, as his days as the Dodgers owner dwindled, there was talk that he would continue to maintain ownership over the parking lots of Dodger Stadium, thereby continuing to hold the team hostage in his own special parking lot troll way.
But nope, it ain’t happening:
Soon-to-be former Los Angeles Dodgers owner Frank McCourt will not earn any immediate profits from parking revenue at land around Dodger Stadium, three sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com.
As part of the deal with the ownership group led by Magic Johnson, McCourt can only see future profit from the land around Dodger Stadium if it is developed in future years. Two sources told ESPNLosAngeles.com that there is no plan for development in the immediate future.
The real money here is the possibility of the land being used to build a football stadium or something like it. What will not happen, however, is McCourt nickel and diming the new Dodgers owners over the parking lots. He’ll get none of that at all.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (262)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)