Mar 30, 2012, 9:34 AM EST
Cain reiterated Opening Day is “cutoff” for contact talks. Said Sabean feels the same way.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) March 30, 2012
I can’t think of any reason on Earth why Cain should take anything other than a $100 million offer from the Giants right now. He’s way too attractive a free agent candidate next winter, and with team values shooting through the roof as a result of new TV deals everywhere, you have to figure that some GMs and owners will start handing out ridiculous contracts.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (100)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)