Mar 30, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Cain reiterated Opening Day is “cutoff” for contact talks. Said Sabean feels the same way.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) March 30, 2012
I can’t think of any reason on Earth why Cain should take anything other than a $100 million offer from the Giants right now. He’s way too attractive a free agent candidate next winter, and with team values shooting through the roof as a result of new TV deals everywhere, you have to figure that some GMs and owners will start handing out ridiculous contracts.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming