Mar 30, 2012, 9:34 AM EDT
Cain reiterated Opening Day is “cutoff” for contact talks. Said Sabean feels the same way.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) March 30, 2012
I can’t think of any reason on Earth why Cain should take anything other than a $100 million offer from the Giants right now. He’s way too attractive a free agent candidate next winter, and with team values shooting through the roof as a result of new TV deals everywhere, you have to figure that some GMs and owners will start handing out ridiculous contracts.
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 28
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 25
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)