Mar 30, 2012, 9:34 AM EST
Cain reiterated Opening Day is “cutoff” for contact talks. Said Sabean feels the same way.
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) March 30, 2012
I can’t think of any reason on Earth why Cain should take anything other than a $100 million offer from the Giants right now. He’s way too attractive a free agent candidate next winter, and with team values shooting through the roof as a result of new TV deals everywhere, you have to figure that some GMs and owners will start handing out ridiculous contracts.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)