Mar 30, 2012, 4:16 PM EST
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that an MRI exam revealed no ligament damage, so the original diagnosis of a sprained right thumb will stick.
Lowrie is considered day-to-day for now and hasn’t been ruled out for the season opener, calling it “about the best news I could have gotten.”
If healthy he’ll be the Opening Day shortstop.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 0
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 34
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 61
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15