Mar 30, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Zachary Levine of the Houston Chronicle reports that an MRI exam revealed no ligament damage, so the original diagnosis of a sprained right thumb will stick.
Lowrie is considered day-to-day for now and hasn’t been ruled out for the season opener, calling it “about the best news I could have gotten.”
If healthy he’ll be the Opening Day shortstop.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 77
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 51
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)