Mar 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Asked why, a representative for the State Attorney’s Office told TMZ: “The state dropped the charge because the victim was uncooperative. She successfully avoided being served with a state subpoena and is believed to be out of state.”
“She” is Ramirez’s wife, Juliana Ramirez, who made a public appearance and was photographed alongside Manny and the couple’s children early in A’s camp.
In her initial call to police on September 12 she alleged that Ramirez slapped her in the face and the police report confirmed that she had marks consistent with that story. Ramirez later claimed that he was grabbing her by the shoulders during an argument when her head hit the headboard of their bed.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness