Mar 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Asked why, a representative for the State Attorney’s Office told TMZ: “The state dropped the charge because the victim was uncooperative. She successfully avoided being served with a state subpoena and is believed to be out of state.”
“She” is Ramirez’s wife, Juliana Ramirez, who made a public appearance and was photographed alongside Manny and the couple’s children early in A’s camp.
In her initial call to police on September 12 she alleged that Ramirez slapped her in the face and the police report confirmed that she had marks consistent with that story. Ramirez later claimed that he was grabbing her by the shoulders during an argument when her head hit the headboard of their bed.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 103
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8