Mar 30, 2012, 12:16 PM EDT
Asked why, a representative for the State Attorney’s Office told TMZ: “The state dropped the charge because the victim was uncooperative. She successfully avoided being served with a state subpoena and is believed to be out of state.”
“She” is Ramirez’s wife, Juliana Ramirez, who made a public appearance and was photographed alongside Manny and the couple’s children early in A’s camp.
In her initial call to police on September 12 she alleged that Ramirez slapped her in the face and the police report confirmed that she had marks consistent with that story. Ramirez later claimed that he was grabbing her by the shoulders during an argument when her head hit the headboard of their bed.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 3
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 45
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 87
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)