Mar 30, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Earlier this week Rays executive vice president Andrew Friedman promised that Matt Bush would never play for the organization again following his latest arrest and today the former No. 1 overall pick was placed on the restricted list.
For now that means he remains Rays property, but is no longer on the 40-man roster.
Presumably the Rays still believe they can get something in return for Bush, because if they weren’t going to trade him and have ruled out ever using him then why not just release him already?
Meanwhile, the 72-year-old motorcyclist Bush struck with his SUV last week remains hospitalized in a medically induced coma and is said to be “completely unresponsive.”
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 4
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?