Mar 30, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Earlier this week Rays executive vice president Andrew Friedman promised that Matt Bush would never play for the organization again following his latest arrest and today the former No. 1 overall pick was placed on the restricted list.
For now that means he remains Rays property, but is no longer on the 40-man roster.
Presumably the Rays still believe they can get something in return for Bush, because if they weren’t going to trade him and have ruled out ever using him then why not just release him already?
Meanwhile, the 72-year-old motorcyclist Bush struck with his SUV last week remains hospitalized in a medically induced coma and is said to be “completely unresponsive.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)