Mar 30, 2012, 3:45 PM EDT
Earlier this week Rays executive vice president Andrew Friedman promised that Matt Bush would never play for the organization again following his latest arrest and today the former No. 1 overall pick was placed on the restricted list.
For now that means he remains Rays property, but is no longer on the 40-man roster.
Presumably the Rays still believe they can get something in return for Bush, because if they weren’t going to trade him and have ruled out ever using him then why not just release him already?
Meanwhile, the 72-year-old motorcyclist Bush struck with his SUV last week remains hospitalized in a medically induced coma and is said to be “completely unresponsive.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (113)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)