Mar 30, 2012, 3:45 PM EST
Earlier this week Rays executive vice president Andrew Friedman promised that Matt Bush would never play for the organization again following his latest arrest and today the former No. 1 overall pick was placed on the restricted list.
For now that means he remains Rays property, but is no longer on the 40-man roster.
Presumably the Rays still believe they can get something in return for Bush, because if they weren’t going to trade him and have ruled out ever using him then why not just release him already?
Meanwhile, the 72-year-old motorcyclist Bush struck with his SUV last week remains hospitalized in a medically induced coma and is said to be “completely unresponsive.”
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)