Mar 31, 2012, 4:12 PM EDT
Josh Hamilton is considered day-to-day after leaving last night’s game against the Rockies with left groin tightness. As Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News notes, the good news is that it is not in the same area where he required sports hernia surgery last November.
The Rangers expect Hamilton to be ready for Opening Day against the White Sox next Friday, but they also conceded that he might “need a couple of days” to recover. The 30-year-old has averaged just 114 games over the past three seasons and is entering a contract year, so there’s no reason to risk a potential setback.
Hamilton has made four straight starts in center field, which is a sign that he’ll likely be shuffled back and forth between left field once again. The Rangers would obviously prefer to keep him in left as much as possible to avoid the wear and tear on his body, but neither Craig Gentry or Julio Borbon has made a compelling argument to start on a regular basis and Leonys Martin isn’t ready for the majors yet. It wouldn’t be surprising if the Rangers eventually go outside the organization for a part-time center fielder.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:33 PM EDT
Carlos Gomez was nearly dealt to the Mets last night before the deal fell apart, but it didn’t take long for the Brewers to find a new suitor.
Jul 30, 2015, 7:10 PM EDT
It wasn’t too long ago that we were talking about the White Sox as sellers, but now they are trying to buy a big bat.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:32 PM EDT
Angels slugger Mike Trout is back in tonight’s lineup against the Astros after missing two games with left wrist inflammation.
Jul 30, 2015, 6:09 PM EDT
After dealing ace David Price to the Blue Jays earlier today, the Tigers have traded closer Joakim Soria to the Pirates.
Jul 30, 2015, 5:05 PM EDT
Of course, experience is education too, and based on that I’m quite sure that even the most intelligent Marlins fan would be justified in being confused and thinking the organization has no clue whatsoever.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:44 PM EDT
No. 2 overall pick in the 2009 draft behind Stephen Strasburg.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:20 PM EDT
Carlos Correa has shortstop covered for a while.
Jul 30, 2015, 4:07 PM EDT
Defeat from the jaws of victory and then they got all wet.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:50 PM EDT
Nava hit .303 in 134 games for the Red Sox in 2013, playing a key role in the team’s World Series title.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:46 PM EDT
It’s like we’re in Philly all over again.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:25 PM EDT
We’re recapping all of the deals as they come down.
Jul 30, 2015, 3:00 PM EDT
He’s signed through 2019.
Jul 30, 2015, 2:17 PM EDT
This is a big trade. At least in mass.
Jul 30, 2015, 1:40 PM EDT
Jul 30, 2015, 1:13 PM EDT
Who else needs a veteran closer?
Jul 30, 2015, 12:39 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have their ace and now have their sights set on catching the Yankees.
Jul 30, 2015, 11:52 AM EDT
Bidding war, baby!
Jul 30, 2015, 11:15 AM EDT
Money? Health? And what the hell is a “hip doctor” anyway?
Jul 30, 2015, 10:47 AM EDT
“If I wait to be 100 percent, it’s going to be season-ending.”
Jul 30, 2015, 10:31 AM EDT
We should totally have live “Jeopardy!”
- Report: Astros to acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 0
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 7
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 59
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 110
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (110)