Mar 31, 2012, 9:06 AM EDT
Yu Darvish had his latest tuneup for his official major league debut last night against the Rockies and boy was he impressive.
Darvish threw 97 pitches and allowed three runs over six innings while striking out 11, walking one, throwing one wild pitch and hitting a batter. And this wasn’t some B-lineup the Rockies were running out there. He struck out Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez three times each. I’m going to guess that doesn’t happen often, if ever.
Through four spring starts, Darvish owns a 3.60 ERA and 21/8 K/BB ratio over 15 innings. He’s scheduled to make his official major league debut on April 9 against the Mariners.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)