Mar 31, 2012, 9:06 AM EDT
Yu Darvish had his latest tuneup for his official major league debut last night against the Rockies and boy was he impressive.
Darvish threw 97 pitches and allowed three runs over six innings while striking out 11, walking one, throwing one wild pitch and hitting a batter. And this wasn’t some B-lineup the Rockies were running out there. He struck out Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez three times each. I’m going to guess that doesn’t happen often, if ever.
Through four spring starts, Darvish owns a 3.60 ERA and 21/8 K/BB ratio over 15 innings. He’s scheduled to make his official major league debut on April 9 against the Mariners.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming