Mar 31, 2012, 9:06 AM EDT
Yu Darvish had his latest tuneup for his official major league debut last night against the Rockies and boy was he impressive.
Darvish threw 97 pitches and allowed three runs over six innings while striking out 11, walking one, throwing one wild pitch and hitting a batter. And this wasn’t some B-lineup the Rockies were running out there. He struck out Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez three times each. I’m going to guess that doesn’t happen often, if ever.
Through four spring starts, Darvish owns a 3.60 ERA and 21/8 K/BB ratio over 15 innings. He’s scheduled to make his official major league debut on April 9 against the Mariners.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 33
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)