Mar 31, 2012, 9:06 AM EST
Yu Darvish had his latest tuneup for his official major league debut last night against the Rockies and boy was he impressive.
Darvish threw 97 pitches and allowed three runs over six innings while striking out 11, walking one, throwing one wild pitch and hitting a batter. And this wasn’t some B-lineup the Rockies were running out there. He struck out Troy Tulowitzki and Carlos Gonzalez three times each. I’m going to guess that doesn’t happen often, if ever.
Through four spring starts, Darvish owns a 3.60 ERA and 21/8 K/BB ratio over 15 innings. He’s scheduled to make his official major league debut on April 9 against the Mariners.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)