Apr 1, 2012, 8:20 PM EST
The Cardinals had a terrific promotion during Sunday’s game, or so Adam Wainwright thought at least.
In between innings of the game against the Nationals, the Cardinals’ public address announcer stated that the team was giving a car away to a lucky fan. Lance Berkman drove the vehicle onto the field, causing a Wainwright double-take from the dugout. Berkman then proceeded to “give away” Wainwright’s Chevy Silverado to the fan, a cousin of David Freese who was in on the joke from the start.
Freese’s cousin jumped right into the back of the truck and Berkman went on to drive it out of the stadium, much to the amusement of Cardinals teammates.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 30
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)