Apr 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EDT
Can’t seem to go a week without one of these things. From Carroll Rogers of the AJC:
Braves reliever Cristhian Martinez was arrested early Monday morning in Gwinnett County on charges of DUI, according to Gwinnett County jail records. Martinez’s blood alcohol registered more than the legal limit of .10, according to documents. He was also charged with improper lane change and impeding the flow of traffic. Martinez was booked into the Gwinnett County jail at 4:24 a.m.
I don’t presume someone as near-anonymous as Cristhian Martinez will represent some kind of tipping point, but one would think that Major League Baseball would have to say something about these things by now. Most teams have done a pretty decent job, I understand, of making car services available for their players, but eventually you’d like that the league would make some sort of public acknowledgement that alcohol-related incidents involving players are getting out of hand.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (85)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (79)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (74)