Apr 2, 2012, 11:00 AM EST
Can’t seem to go a week without one of these things. From Carroll Rogers of the AJC:
Braves reliever Cristhian Martinez was arrested early Monday morning in Gwinnett County on charges of DUI, according to Gwinnett County jail records. Martinez’s blood alcohol registered more than the legal limit of .10, according to documents. He was also charged with improper lane change and impeding the flow of traffic. Martinez was booked into the Gwinnett County jail at 4:24 a.m.
I don’t presume someone as near-anonymous as Cristhian Martinez will represent some kind of tipping point, but one would think that Major League Baseball would have to say something about these things by now. Most teams have done a pretty decent job, I understand, of making car services available for their players, but eventually you’d like that the league would make some sort of public acknowledgement that alcohol-related incidents involving players are getting out of hand.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)