Apr 2, 2012, 6:22 PM EDT
Jimenez was not ejected from Sunday’s game, even though it was obvious he meant to drill Tulowitzki. The benches cleared after the incident, though order was quickly restored. Tulo was taken for X-rays on a bruised left elbow, but they came back negative and he’s still expected to be ready for Opening Day.
Jimenez, who said he did no wrong, is likely to appeal the suspension. However, it’d be for the best if he serves it right away. The Indians have Friday off, so they can use a four-man rotation for the first five games of the season and then have Jimenez start the sixth game on April 11. Opening Day starter Justin Masterson would pitch Thursday and Tuesday in that scenario.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (104)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)