Apr 3, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Andy Pettitte has only pitched in simulated games thus far, but he may actually get to face some live hitters tomorrow. Those live hitters would be the Mets in the Yankees final spring training game.
It’s been a slow ramp-up and de-rust-i-fication process for Pettitte. But one figures that if he wasn’t ready, Yankees coaches and trainers at the moment that they wouldn’t let him face live batters and risk him looking bad.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)