Apr 3, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Andy Pettitte has only pitched in simulated games thus far, but he may actually get to face some live hitters tomorrow. Those live hitters would be the Mets in the Yankees final spring training game.
It’s been a slow ramp-up and de-rust-i-fication process for Pettitte. But one figures that if he wasn’t ready, Yankees coaches and trainers at the moment that they wouldn’t let him face live batters and risk him looking bad.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 34
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 18
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)