Apr 3, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Andy Pettitte has only pitched in simulated games thus far, but he may actually get to face some live hitters tomorrow. Those live hitters would be the Mets in the Yankees final spring training game.
It’s been a slow ramp-up and de-rust-i-fication process for Pettitte. But one figures that if he wasn’t ready, Yankees coaches and trainers at the moment that they wouldn’t let him face live batters and risk him looking bad.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 0
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 8
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 87
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (87)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (78)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)