Apr 3, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
Andy Pettitte has only pitched in simulated games thus far, but he may actually get to face some live hitters tomorrow. Those live hitters would be the Mets in the Yankees final spring training game.
It’s been a slow ramp-up and de-rust-i-fication process for Pettitte. But one figures that if he wasn’t ready, Yankees coaches and trainers at the moment that they wouldn’t let him face live batters and risk him looking bad.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 45
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 106