Apr 3, 2012, 9:44 AM EST
“Well, you’re ugly too.”
Sorry. One of my favorite old jokes. Anyway.
While one might assume this is worrisome — why get a second opinion if you’re told you’re fine? — the report is that Beckett is just getting the second opinion for his own “peace of mind,” and that everyone still expects him to make his scheduled start on Saturday.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 45
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 35
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 52
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)