Apr 3, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
“Well, you’re ugly too.”
Sorry. One of my favorite old jokes. Anyway.
While one might assume this is worrisome — why get a second opinion if you’re told you’re fine? — the report is that Beckett is just getting the second opinion for his own “peace of mind,” and that everyone still expects him to make his scheduled start on Saturday.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 79
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 10
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 221
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (221)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)