Apr 3, 2012, 9:44 AM EDT
“Well, you’re ugly too.”
Sorry. One of my favorite old jokes. Anyway.
While one might assume this is worrisome — why get a second opinion if you’re told you’re fine? — the report is that Beckett is just getting the second opinion for his own “peace of mind,” and that everyone still expects him to make his scheduled start on Saturday.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 0
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 99
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 17
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 23
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39