Apr 3, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Kyle Farnsworth, who took time off late last season because of an elbow injury, is once again experiencing elbow soreness in Rays camp.
Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times reports that his status for Opening Day is in question, although for now the Rays are awaiting test results for a clearer picture of his return timetable.
Farnsworth saved 25 games with a 2.18 ERA and 51/12 K/BB ratio in 58 innings for the Rays and is slated to be the full-time closer after Tampa Bay exercised its $3.3 million option this offseason. Top setup man Joel Peralta is seemingly the obvious fill-in choice, although Fernando Rodney has the most closing experience in the bullpen.
- Miguel Cabrera home run Gif > Yu Darvish pitches Gif 20
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 59
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (121)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (115)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights