So there’s a tornado bearing down on The Ballpark in Arlington

Apr 3, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT

There are tornadoes all over the Dallas Metroplex right now.  One of them is in Arlington, heading in the general direction of the Ballpark in Arlington, home of the Texas Rangers:

Anyone for Opening Day in Cowboys Stadium?

Seriously, though: be safe Dallasinians, or whatever people from Dallas are called.

1. nolanwiffle - Apr 3, 2012 at 3:05 PM

No worries….Nolan Ryan will simply kick its ass.

• DJ MC - Apr 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

Between the Nolan Ryan headlock and noogie, and the Cordell Walker roundhouse kick, no tornado stands a chance in the Metroplex.

2. phukyouk - Apr 3, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Oswalt is ready to help clean up if needed.

3. bloodysock - Apr 3, 2012 at 3:08 PM

People from Dallas are caled Dallasites.

• Jonny 5 - Apr 3, 2012 at 3:13 PM

I thought they were called bootless Texans..

• dohpey28 - Apr 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM

That’s not what they’re called in other parts of the country…

• jwbiii - Apr 3, 2012 at 5:25 PM

The denizens of Paris, TX are none too pleased about what they are called.

4. dlindstedt2 - Apr 3, 2012 at 3:33 PM

This will teach people to not to climb on the railings and try to get fly balls….

Crap, that was even cold for me…

Best wishes for all down in Texas right now.

5. The Baseball Idiot - Apr 3, 2012 at 4:02 PM

C”mon, no one has done the “Yo, Josh, this is God. Those people in Dallas were mean to you, but I got your back” joke yet?

6. randygnyc - Apr 3, 2012 at 4:09 PM

I sure hope this isn’t a sign for things to come this summer. Last year was a nightmare for our central time zone.

7. d214tx - Apr 3, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Dallas residents are called Dallasites…just thought I’d let you know Mr.Craig Calcarerrashit

8. d214tx - Apr 3, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Dallas residents are called Dallasites…just thought I’d let you know Mr.Calcaterrashit

• natstowngreg - Apr 3, 2012 at 4:53 PM

It was classless enough the first time.

• Utley's Hair - Apr 3, 2012 at 5:43 PM

Classless enough, yes. But it was twice as stupid a comment the second time around.

9. antlerclaws - Apr 3, 2012 at 4:55 PM

Supposedly Mike Napoli filmed storm as it passed the Ballpark in Arlington and it’s already posted. The Rangers are there to play the Diablos Rojas of Mexico City tonight.

10. Utley's Hair - Apr 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Hope the damage is minimal for the folks in the path of the systems. Despite our sporting allegiances, we are all just people. Good luck, and our thoughts are with you.

11. d214tx - Apr 3, 2012 at 6:25 PM

Lol the Paris one made me laugh.oh and I only posted the comment once don’t know why it repeated but don’t get your feelings hurt(people who are crying about it)

• Utley's Hair - Apr 3, 2012 at 8:41 PM

You only posted it once, and yet the slap at Craig’s name is different?

12. d214tx - Apr 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Well technically speaking I posted it the first time and I said error comment couldn’t be posted something along those lines so I refreshed it and bam I guess it posted twice..Aparenty Someone got really hurt about my comment

• Utley's Hair - Apr 3, 2012 at 9:48 PM

Well that just clears it up—you know, how your childish slap at Craig’s name is different…by just refreshing the window…right.

• bigxrob - Apr 3, 2012 at 10:30 PM

People don’t care if you make fun of craig,d214tx, they respect funny. You lack “funny”

13. d214tx - Apr 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Lol at respect in the Internet

• cur68 - Apr 4, 2012 at 8:04 AM

Clearly you’re new here and an idiot, to boot. Keep this up and you’ll find that VERY few people on this site are going to have any patience for you. And, yeah, we got some respect for one another.

• The Baseball Idiot - Apr 4, 2012 at 8:16 AM

Thought I was the idiot? Where’s the respect?

• Utley's Hair - Apr 4, 2012 at 9:44 AM

There’s a different article in front of idiot. You’ve been around longer, so you get the benefit of the doubt, and therefore, the definite article. d214tx is a newbie who has yet to prove himself (oe herself), so an indefinite article is applied.

• cur68 - Apr 4, 2012 at 9:51 AM

Yeah, never mind TBI, UH. He’s the sorta fella carries a grudge out of all proportion to any slight. Note how its me he objects too, not the erstwhile “d214tx “? Yeah, I’m the guy who needs a stern talkin’ too, here (massive eye roll). I’ve give up replying to him on any subject whatsoever. Apparently he objects to being called “Idiot” while that is, in fact, the name he chose for himself. Makes about as much sense as you objecting to being called “Hair”.

• The Baseball Idiot - Apr 4, 2012 at 10:01 AM

You really don’t get sarcasm, do you?

I thought you would be one of the guys who was smart enough not to need it explained to them.

Who's to blame for Cubs tarp fiasco?
  1. R. Castillo (3575)