Apr 3, 2012, 2:02 PM EST
Really looking forward to the Marlins’ new ballpark, guys. We’ll get to see it tomorrow night for Opening Night against the Cardinals. For now, however, here’s a look at some of the stuff fans won’t notice.
Stuff like batting cages right near the dugout and a state-of-the-art video room nearby as well. And in it: a batter’s box next to a giant video screen where batters can get their timing down against life size video of the opposition. Just really neat. Almost as neat as the design flourishes of the ballpark itself.
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 77
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 41
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (86)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)