Apr 3, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
Really looking forward to the Marlins’ new ballpark, guys. We’ll get to see it tomorrow night for Opening Night against the Cardinals. For now, however, here’s a look at some of the stuff fans won’t notice.
Stuff like batting cages right near the dugout and a state-of-the-art video room nearby as well. And in it: a batter’s box next to a giant video screen where batters can get their timing down against life size video of the opposition. Just really neat. Almost as neat as the design flourishes of the ballpark itself.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 2
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 51
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 16
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 26
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 30
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 84
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)