Apr 3, 2012, 2:02 PM EDT
Really looking forward to the Marlins’ new ballpark, guys. We’ll get to see it tomorrow night for Opening Night against the Cardinals. For now, however, here’s a look at some of the stuff fans won’t notice.
Stuff like batting cages right near the dugout and a state-of-the-art video room nearby as well. And in it: a batter’s box next to a giant video screen where batters can get their timing down against life size video of the opposition. Just really neat. Almost as neat as the design flourishes of the ballpark itself.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 16
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 71
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48