Apr 3, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Alfredo Simon had a bad spring and, after dealing with major legal issues in the Dominican Republic last year, had a bad 2010. Which is why the Orioles put him on waivers the other day. But he also throws mid-90s heat, which is why you knew someone was going to claim him.
That someone was Walk Jocketty, so the Reds have him. He’ll work from the pen, presumably.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)