Apr 3, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Jorge Vazquez is a 30 year-old who played in the Mexican League for years and has never sniffed the majors. But because he hit 32 home runs at Scranton last year, a lot of Yankees fans thought he might be a good fit for New York’s DH slot since it was in flux and all.
Not to be: the Yankees just released him.
Sad jams if you’re into that kind of power, but given his age and the fact that those bombs came with a mere .314 OBP in AAA, it was probably crazy to think he was part of the solution, even if he was kind of fun to think about.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17