Apr 3, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Jorge Vazquez is a 30 year-old who played in the Mexican League for years and has never sniffed the majors. But because he hit 32 home runs at Scranton last year, a lot of Yankees fans thought he might be a good fit for New York’s DH slot since it was in flux and all.
Not to be: the Yankees just released him.
Sad jams if you’re into that kind of power, but given his age and the fact that those bombs came with a mere .314 OBP in AAA, it was probably crazy to think he was part of the solution, even if he was kind of fun to think about.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 1
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 9
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 29
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 5
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3