Apr 3, 2012, 3:31 PM EDT
Jorge Vazquez is a 30 year-old who played in the Mexican League for years and has never sniffed the majors. But because he hit 32 home runs at Scranton last year, a lot of Yankees fans thought he might be a good fit for New York’s DH slot since it was in flux and all.
Not to be: the Yankees just released him.
Sad jams if you’re into that kind of power, but given his age and the fact that those bombs came with a mere .314 OBP in AAA, it was probably crazy to think he was part of the solution, even if he was kind of fun to think about.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 1
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 27
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 20
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 28
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)