Apr 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
It seemed crazy that Brandon Belt wouldn’t make the Giants roster, but for a while there during spring training it seemed like a possibility. Aubrey Huff and Brent Pill were getting a lot of starts at first base and the Giants fan base was rather freaking out.
Today Bruce Bochy let ’em off the hook. Belt has made the team and, what’s more, Bochy made some noises about him being the starting first baseman.
As I’ve said previously, the Giants offense stinks. For it to stink less and threaten respectability requires that Brandon Belt be allowed to play every day. Hopefully today’s move means that he will.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 1
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 32
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 44
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)