Apr 4, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
It seemed crazy that Brandon Belt wouldn’t make the Giants roster, but for a while there during spring training it seemed like a possibility. Aubrey Huff and Brent Pill were getting a lot of starts at first base and the Giants fan base was rather freaking out.
Today Bruce Bochy let ‘em off the hook. Belt has made the team and, what’s more, Bochy made some noises about him being the starting first baseman.
As I’ve said previously, the Giants offense stinks. For it to stink less and threaten respectability requires that Brandon Belt be allowed to play every day. Hopefully today’s move means that he will.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)