Apr 4, 2012, 12:32 PM EST
I thought it was kind of excessive that four of the HBT writers offered our predictions earlier. But that’s nothin': ESPN has 49 experts doing picks.
There’s nothing so crazy as Steve Berthiaume picking the Astros last year — this year his craziest thing is the Marlins in the NL East — but if you peruse it awhile you’re bound to find some fun weirdness.
All of that said, I think there is more lockstep thinking among baseball writers — ourselves at HBT included — than in many previous years. Not sure why that is, but there you have it.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)