Apr 4, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
I thought it was kind of excessive that four of the HBT writers offered our predictions earlier. But that’s nothin': ESPN has 49 experts doing picks.
There’s nothing so crazy as Steve Berthiaume picking the Astros last year — this year his craziest thing is the Marlins in the NL East — but if you peruse it awhile you’re bound to find some fun weirdness.
All of that said, I think there is more lockstep thinking among baseball writers — ourselves at HBT included — than in many previous years. Not sure why that is, but there you have it.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (114)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)