Apr 4, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
I thought it was kind of excessive that four of the HBT writers offered our predictions earlier. But that’s nothin’: ESPN has 49 experts doing picks.
There’s nothing so crazy as Steve Berthiaume picking the Astros last year — this year his craziest thing is the Marlins in the NL East — but if you peruse it awhile you’re bound to find some fun weirdness.
All of that said, I think there is more lockstep thinking among baseball writers — ourselves at HBT included — than in many previous years. Not sure why that is, but there you have it.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)