Apr 4, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Josh Beckett‘s flights around the country to get medical opinions on his thumb were tracked by the Red Sox press the way NORAD tracks Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. Beckett says, however, that he’s “fine.” And he adds that it’s much ado about nothing:
“I really have no idea how this got blown out like this. I was dumbfounded. The text messages and the e-mails I was getting from guys, I was like, what’s going on here? I think a lot of it had to do with Andrew Bailey also having injured his thumb. But he injured his thumb on one thing. Mine was something that’s happened over time.”
Chronic and degenerative is always better than quick and acute!
Just kidding. If he says he’s fine, he’s fine. But don’t be surprised if his thumb has its own beat writer assigned to it soon.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69