Apr 4, 2012, 5:02 PM EDT
Josh Beckett‘s flights around the country to get medical opinions on his thumb were tracked by the Red Sox press the way NORAD tracks Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. Beckett says, however, that he’s “fine.” And he adds that it’s much ado about nothing:
“I really have no idea how this got blown out like this. I was dumbfounded. The text messages and the e-mails I was getting from guys, I was like, what’s going on here? I think a lot of it had to do with Andrew Bailey also having injured his thumb. But he injured his thumb on one thing. Mine was something that’s happened over time.”
Chronic and degenerative is always better than quick and acute!
Just kidding. If he says he’s fine, he’s fine. But don’t be surprised if his thumb has its own beat writer assigned to it soon.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)