Apr 4, 2012, 5:02 PM EST
Josh Beckett‘s flights around the country to get medical opinions on his thumb were tracked by the Red Sox press the way NORAD tracks Santa Claus on Christmas Eve. Beckett says, however, that he’s “fine.” And he adds that it’s much ado about nothing:
“I really have no idea how this got blown out like this. I was dumbfounded. The text messages and the e-mails I was getting from guys, I was like, what’s going on here? I think a lot of it had to do with Andrew Bailey also having injured his thumb. But he injured his thumb on one thing. Mine was something that’s happened over time.”
Chronic and degenerative is always better than quick and acute!
Just kidding. If he says he’s fine, he’s fine. But don’t be surprised if his thumb has its own beat writer assigned to it soon.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 75
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (80)