Apr 4, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
I was just down in the basement studio taping tomorrow’s HBT Extra. You know what the best part of doing that is? While the technical people are getting the technical things squared away, Tiffany Simons and I just talk about stuff. The news, the weather, whatever.
We have often talked about how it would be great if we could just tape our chats and leave the baseball out of it. I bet it would be a good show. We have a George and Gracie thing going on that I think would work.
In any event, there was a classic exchange today. I was talking about the Marlins new ballpark and how fancy schmancy it is. Tiffany brought up the new fish tanks and asked if I thought a ball could break the glass. I said no, I think they tested that already. I added that the real concern is about the noise bothering the fish. Here was Tiffany’s response:
Excuse me, but where do they think fish live? In the ocean. Where they can get eaten by sharks. I’m sorry, but if I were a fish I’d rather deal with a little noise than get eaten by a shark.
There was a little righteous head-bobbing going on while she said it too. I did not see any finger-wagging, however. Regardless, it was epic. So glad we’re back taping HBT Extra again.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)