Apr 4, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
I was just down in the basement studio taping tomorrow’s HBT Extra. You know what the best part of doing that is? While the technical people are getting the technical things squared away, Tiffany Simons and I just talk about stuff. The news, the weather, whatever.
We have often talked about how it would be great if we could just tape our chats and leave the baseball out of it. I bet it would be a good show. We have a George and Gracie thing going on that I think would work.
In any event, there was a classic exchange today. I was talking about the Marlins new ballpark and how fancy schmancy it is. Tiffany brought up the new fish tanks and asked if I thought a ball could break the glass. I said no, I think they tested that already. I added that the real concern is about the noise bothering the fish. Here was Tiffany’s response:
Excuse me, but where do they think fish live? In the ocean. Where they can get eaten by sharks. I’m sorry, but if I were a fish I’d rather deal with a little noise than get eaten by a shark.
There was a little righteous head-bobbing going on while she said it too. I did not see any finger-wagging, however. Regardless, it was epic. So glad we’re back taping HBT Extra again.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20