Apr 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The Marlins are letting it all hang out tonight. Or something.
In debuting their new stadium, they had their starting lineup escorted out by dancers in Brazilian Carnival costumes prior to Wednesday’s opener. The players seemed to enjoy it. Logan Morrison, in particular, was chatting his lady up (big surprise). No wonder he wanted to be back from knee surgery by Opening Day.
Regardless of whether the product on the field meets expectations, it seems we can count on the Marlins to take tacky to a whole new level this season.
(thanks to Eric Andrews for the pic)
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)