Apr 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The Marlins are letting it all hang out tonight. Or something.
In debuting their new stadium, they had their starting lineup escorted out by dancers in Brazilian Carnival costumes prior to Wednesday’s opener. The players seemed to enjoy it. Logan Morrison, in particular, was chatting his lady up (big surprise). No wonder he wanted to be back from knee surgery by Opening Day.
Regardless of whether the product on the field meets expectations, it seems we can count on the Marlins to take tacky to a whole new level this season.
(thanks to Eric Andrews for the pic)
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 70
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)