Apr 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The Marlins are letting it all hang out tonight. Or something.
In debuting their new stadium, they had their starting lineup escorted out by dancers in Brazilian Carnival costumes prior to Wednesday’s opener. The players seemed to enjoy it. Logan Morrison, in particular, was chatting his lady up (big surprise). No wonder he wanted to be back from knee surgery by Opening Day.
Regardless of whether the product on the field meets expectations, it seems we can count on the Marlins to take tacky to a whole new level this season.
(thanks to Eric Andrews for the pic)
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 17
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 9
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 20
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)