Apr 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The Marlins are letting it all hang out tonight. Or something.
In debuting their new stadium, they had their starting lineup escorted out by dancers in Brazilian Carnival costumes prior to Wednesday’s opener. The players seemed to enjoy it. Logan Morrison, in particular, was chatting his lady up (big surprise). No wonder he wanted to be back from knee surgery by Opening Day.
Regardless of whether the product on the field meets expectations, it seems we can count on the Marlins to take tacky to a whole new level this season.
(thanks to Eric Andrews for the pic)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” 15
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59