Apr 4, 2012, 7:08 PM EDT
The Marlins are letting it all hang out tonight. Or something.
In debuting their new stadium, they had their starting lineup escorted out by dancers in Brazilian Carnival costumes prior to Wednesday’s opener. The players seemed to enjoy it. Logan Morrison, in particular, was chatting his lady up (big surprise). No wonder he wanted to be back from knee surgery by Opening Day.
Regardless of whether the product on the field meets expectations, it seems we can count on the Marlins to take tacky to a whole new level this season.
(thanks to Eric Andrews for the pic)
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 33
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 47
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 23
- Jose Abreu is third-fastest in MLB history to reach 30 career home runs 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 23
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (200)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (163)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)