Apr 5, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Yep, the Mets just confirmed that he strained his left calf. He’s probably headed to the disabled list.
3:28 PM: Mets center fielder Andres Torres had a sore calf bugging him throughout spring training, but declared himself “100%” in the run-up to Opening Day. Not anymore, it seems.
In the top of the seventh, Torres ran back to field what became a Tyler Pastornicky triple, came up lame and left the game. It appeared to be that calf.
Updates as warranted.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42