Apr 5, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Yep, the Mets just confirmed that he strained his left calf. He’s probably headed to the disabled list.
3:28 PM: Mets center fielder Andres Torres had a sore calf bugging him throughout spring training, but declared himself “100%” in the run-up to Opening Day. Not anymore, it seems.
In the top of the seventh, Torres ran back to field what became a Tyler Pastornicky triple, came up lame and left the game. It appeared to be that calf.
Updates as warranted.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 2
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 46
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (246)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)