Apr 5, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
UPDATE: Yep, the Mets just confirmed that he strained his left calf. He’s probably headed to the disabled list.
3:28 PM: Mets center fielder Andres Torres had a sore calf bugging him throughout spring training, but declared himself “100%” in the run-up to Opening Day. Not anymore, it seems.
In the top of the seventh, Torres ran back to field what became a Tyler Pastornicky triple, came up lame and left the game. It appeared to be that calf.
Updates as warranted.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72