Apr 5, 2012, 7:55 PM EST
Warnings were issued earlier in the game after Justin Masterson came inside on Kelly Johnson in possible retaliation for Choo’s plunking by Ricky Romero, but those incidents were back in the fourth and third innings, respectively. Perez definitely missed on the pitch to Choo, throwing it head-high and inside, but it seems doubtful he meant to go there 11 innings later.
After the pitch, Choo took several steps toward the mound and the benches and bullpens emptied. Order was quickly restored, though. The umpires met afterwards to discuss whether to toss Perez, and it was decided that he could remain in the game. Suspensions seem unlikely.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)