Apr 5, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
Warnings were issued earlier in the game after Justin Masterson came inside on Kelly Johnson in possible retaliation for Choo’s plunking by Ricky Romero, but those incidents were back in the fourth and third innings, respectively. Perez definitely missed on the pitch to Choo, throwing it head-high and inside, but it seems doubtful he meant to go there 11 innings later.
After the pitch, Choo took several steps toward the mound and the benches and bullpens emptied. Order was quickly restored, though. The umpires met afterwards to discuss whether to toss Perez, and it was decided that he could remain in the game. Suspensions seem unlikely.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)