Apr 5, 2012, 7:55 PM EDT
Warnings were issued earlier in the game after Justin Masterson came inside on Kelly Johnson in possible retaliation for Choo’s plunking by Ricky Romero, but those incidents were back in the fourth and third innings, respectively. Perez definitely missed on the pitch to Choo, throwing it head-high and inside, but it seems doubtful he meant to go there 11 innings later.
After the pitch, Choo took several steps toward the mound and the benches and bullpens emptied. Order was quickly restored, though. The umpires met afterwards to discuss whether to toss Perez, and it was decided that he could remain in the game. Suspensions seem unlikely.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)