Apr 5, 2012, 10:15 AM EDT
That likely won’t impact his return timetable any, as Sizemore is expected to miss 2-3 months following back surgery on March 1.
General manager Chris Antonetti hasn’t ruled out Sizemore being ready by then, but called it “the best-case scenario.” Jordan Bastian of MLB.com notes that Sizemore’s recovery process also involves making his way back from knee surgery, which further complicates things.
Michael Brantley will move from left field to center field with Sizemore out, opening up a lineup spot for Mookie Calcaterra’s favorite player, Shelley Duncan. During the past two seasons Sizemore has played just 104 of a possible 324 games while hitting .220 with a .659 OPS, so even if his latest recovery from surgery involves zero setbacks his playing ability at age 29 is very much in question.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)