Apr 5, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: As expected, the Rays have placed Farnsworth on the disabled list for what they hope will be a brief stint.
Kyle Farnsworth got some relatively good news on his injured elbow, as an MRI exam showed only a strain for the Rays closer.
There’s no official timetable for his return and a disabled list stint still seems likely, but Farnsworth told Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times that “we’ll just have to give it some time to calm down.”
Farnsworth indicated that the injury is very similar to what he experienced at the end of last season, explaining: “Sometimes I would feel it and sometimes I wouldn’t so it was just more aggravating than anything trying to figure out what it is.”
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 57
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?