Apr 5, 2012, 3:15 PM EST
UPDATE: As expected, the Rays have placed Farnsworth on the disabled list for what they hope will be a brief stint.
Kyle Farnsworth got some relatively good news on his injured elbow, as an MRI exam showed only a strain for the Rays closer.
There’s no official timetable for his return and a disabled list stint still seems likely, but Farnsworth told Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times that “we’ll just have to give it some time to calm down.”
Farnsworth indicated that the injury is very similar to what he experienced at the end of last season, explaining: “Sometimes I would feel it and sometimes I wouldn’t so it was just more aggravating than anything trying to figure out what it is.”
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 154
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (155)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (89)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (78)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (76)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)