Apr 5, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
UPDATE: As expected, the Rays have placed Farnsworth on the disabled list for what they hope will be a brief stint.
Kyle Farnsworth got some relatively good news on his injured elbow, as an MRI exam showed only a strain for the Rays closer.
There’s no official timetable for his return and a disabled list stint still seems likely, but Farnsworth told Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times that “we’ll just have to give it some time to calm down.”
Farnsworth indicated that the injury is very similar to what he experienced at the end of last season, explaining: “Sometimes I would feel it and sometimes I wouldn’t so it was just more aggravating than anything trying to figure out what it is.”
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 5
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 9
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)