Apr 5, 2012, 1:47 PM EST
Neftali Feliz is scheduled to start the Rangers’ fifth game of the season on Tuesday after dealing with spring training shoulder soreness, but in the meantime he threw six innings in a simulated game today.
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Feliz faced teammates Craig Gentry and Alberto Gonzalez, among other hitters, and had a big crowd watching him that included manager Ron Washington and pitching coach Mike Maddux.
He threw a total of 102 pitches, so despite missing some time in camp to deal with the shoulder soreness Feliz is fully stretched out for his transition from the bullpen to the rotation. His first test will come against the Mariners, so it’s a favorable matchup.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 72
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (113)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)