Apr 5, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz is scheduled to start the Rangers’ fifth game of the season on Tuesday after dealing with spring training shoulder soreness, but in the meantime he threw six innings in a simulated game today.
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Feliz faced teammates Craig Gentry and Alberto Gonzalez, among other hitters, and had a big crowd watching him that included manager Ron Washington and pitching coach Mike Maddux.
He threw a total of 102 pitches, so despite missing some time in camp to deal with the shoulder soreness Feliz is fully stretched out for his transition from the bullpen to the rotation. His first test will come against the Mariners, so it’s a favorable matchup.
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 15
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 14
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 36
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 5
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 21
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)