Apr 5, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz is scheduled to start the Rangers’ fifth game of the season on Tuesday after dealing with spring training shoulder soreness, but in the meantime he threw six innings in a simulated game today.
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Feliz faced teammates Craig Gentry and Alberto Gonzalez, among other hitters, and had a big crowd watching him that included manager Ron Washington and pitching coach Mike Maddux.
He threw a total of 102 pitches, so despite missing some time in camp to deal with the shoulder soreness Feliz is fully stretched out for his transition from the bullpen to the rotation. His first test will come against the Mariners, so it’s a favorable matchup.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)