Apr 5, 2012, 1:47 PM EDT
Neftali Feliz is scheduled to start the Rangers’ fifth game of the season on Tuesday after dealing with spring training shoulder soreness, but in the meantime he threw six innings in a simulated game today.
Richard Durrett of ESPN Dallas reports that Feliz faced teammates Craig Gentry and Alberto Gonzalez, among other hitters, and had a big crowd watching him that included manager Ron Washington and pitching coach Mike Maddux.
He threw a total of 102 pitches, so despite missing some time in camp to deal with the shoulder soreness Feliz is fully stretched out for his transition from the bullpen to the rotation. His first test will come against the Mariners, so it’s a favorable matchup.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)