Apr 5, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Phillips is on the option year of his last deal and I’m sure the Reds would love to keep him, but he’s probably going to get longer offers once he hits the market. Whether those offers would be wise for a guy who will be entering his age-32 season in 2013 is an open question — second basemen don’t age particularly well — but he’ll likely get them if he has another year like the last five he’s had in Cincinnati.
The Reds aren’t widely expected to give him something great, though, what with them backing the money truck up to Joey Votto.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 0
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 31
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 55
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 23
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 140
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 135
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (140)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (136)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)