Apr 5, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Phillips is on the option year of his last deal and I’m sure the Reds would love to keep him, but he’s probably going to get longer offers once he hits the market. Whether those offers would be wise for a guy who will be entering his age-32 season in 2013 is an open question — second basemen don’t age particularly well — but he’ll likely get them if he has another year like the last five he’s had in Cincinnati.
The Reds aren’t widely expected to give him something great, though, what with them backing the money truck up to Joey Votto.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)