Apr 5, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Phillips is on the option year of his last deal and I’m sure the Reds would love to keep him, but he’s probably going to get longer offers once he hits the market. Whether those offers would be wise for a guy who will be entering his age-32 season in 2013 is an open question — second basemen don’t age particularly well — but he’ll likely get them if he has another year like the last five he’s had in Cincinnati.
The Reds aren’t widely expected to give him something great, though, what with them backing the money truck up to Joey Votto.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 26
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 36
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)