Apr 5, 2012, 12:59 PM EST
Everyone’s waxing effusive about Opening Day. People have been waxing effusive about baseball forever. To that end, here’s a nice look at baseball poetry from The Poetry Foundation.
And just so you know, from here on out, I will not refer to myself as “trolling” Philly fans. Rather, I’m “ruthlessly pricking their gonfalon bubble.”
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)