Apr 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Ubaldo Jimenez is appealing his five-game suspension for hitting former teammate Troy Tulowitzki with a pitch last week, insisting that it wasn’t intentional, but in the meantime the good news is that Tulowitzki is recovered enough from his bruised elbow to play in the Rockies’ final spring training game yesterday.
Tulowitzki went 0-for-2 with a strikeout while wearing a protective pad on his elbow and reported no problems afterward, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
Colorado doesn’t begin the regular season until Friday, so Tulowitzki will get an extra day to rest up before being in the Game 1 lineup versus the Astros.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 14
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 67
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 35
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (102)