Apr 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez is appealing his five-game suspension for hitting former teammate Troy Tulowitzki with a pitch last week, insisting that it wasn’t intentional, but in the meantime the good news is that Tulowitzki is recovered enough from his bruised elbow to play in the Rockies’ final spring training game yesterday.
Tulowitzki went 0-for-2 with a strikeout while wearing a protective pad on his elbow and reported no problems afterward, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
Colorado doesn’t begin the regular season until Friday, so Tulowitzki will get an extra day to rest up before being in the Game 1 lineup versus the Astros.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)