Apr 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez is appealing his five-game suspension for hitting former teammate Troy Tulowitzki with a pitch last week, insisting that it wasn’t intentional, but in the meantime the good news is that Tulowitzki is recovered enough from his bruised elbow to play in the Rockies’ final spring training game yesterday.
Tulowitzki went 0-for-2 with a strikeout while wearing a protective pad on his elbow and reported no problems afterward, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
Colorado doesn’t begin the regular season until Friday, so Tulowitzki will get an extra day to rest up before being in the Game 1 lineup versus the Astros.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 22
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 24
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 44
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)