Apr 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez is appealing his five-game suspension for hitting former teammate Troy Tulowitzki with a pitch last week, insisting that it wasn’t intentional, but in the meantime the good news is that Tulowitzki is recovered enough from his bruised elbow to play in the Rockies’ final spring training game yesterday.
Tulowitzki went 0-for-2 with a strikeout while wearing a protective pad on his elbow and reported no problems afterward, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
Colorado doesn’t begin the regular season until Friday, so Tulowitzki will get an extra day to rest up before being in the Game 1 lineup versus the Astros.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)