Apr 5, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Ubaldo Jimenez is appealing his five-game suspension for hitting former teammate Troy Tulowitzki with a pitch last week, insisting that it wasn’t intentional, but in the meantime the good news is that Tulowitzki is recovered enough from his bruised elbow to play in the Rockies’ final spring training game yesterday.
Tulowitzki went 0-for-2 with a strikeout while wearing a protective pad on his elbow and reported no problems afterward, according to Troy Renck of the Denver Post.
Colorado doesn’t begin the regular season until Friday, so Tulowitzki will get an extra day to rest up before being in the Game 1 lineup versus the Astros.
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 17
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 98
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 64
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 54
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (100)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (94)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- Yankees School of Witchcraft and Wizardry (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Live Extra: Watch Bruins-Rangers, Game 3
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4