Apr 6, 2012, 6:24 PM EDT
On MLB’s fourth Opening Day this year, Adam Dunn tied an Opening Day record with his eighth career Opening Day homer Friday against the Rangers.
Because it’s still Opening Day somewhere.
Dunn’s blast off Colby Lewis tied him with Frank Robinson and Ken Griffey Jr. for the most Opening Day homers. Dunn’s actually gone deep on just six Opening Days, but he had two homers in the openers for the Reds in both 2005 and ’07.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)