Apr 6, 2012, 6:24 PM EST
On MLB’s fourth Opening Day this year, Adam Dunn tied an Opening Day record with his eighth career Opening Day homer Friday against the Rangers.
Because it’s still Opening Day somewhere.
Dunn’s blast off Colby Lewis tied him with Frank Robinson and Ken Griffey Jr. for the most Opening Day homers. Dunn’s actually gone deep on just six Opening Days, but he had two homers in the openers for the Reds in both 2005 and ’07.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)