Apr 6, 2012, 6:24 PM EDT
On MLB’s fourth Opening Day this year, Adam Dunn tied an Opening Day record with his eighth career Opening Day homer Friday against the Rangers.
Because it’s still Opening Day somewhere.
Dunn’s blast off Colby Lewis tied him with Frank Robinson and Ken Griffey Jr. for the most Opening Day homers. Dunn’s actually gone deep on just six Opening Days, but he had two homers in the openers for the Reds in both 2005 and ’07.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 99
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 28
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (99)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)