Apr 6, 2012, 6:24 PM EST
On MLB’s fourth Opening Day this year, Adam Dunn tied an Opening Day record with his eighth career Opening Day homer Friday against the Rangers.
Because it’s still Opening Day somewhere.
Dunn’s blast off Colby Lewis tied him with Frank Robinson and Ken Griffey Jr. for the most Opening Day homers. Dunn’s actually gone deep on just six Opening Days, but he had two homers in the openers for the Reds in both 2005 and ’07.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)