Apr 6, 2012, 6:24 PM EST
On MLB’s fourth Opening Day this year, Adam Dunn tied an Opening Day record with his eighth career Opening Day homer Friday against the Rangers.
Because it’s still Opening Day somewhere.
Dunn’s blast off Colby Lewis tied him with Frank Robinson and Ken Griffey Jr. for the most Opening Day homers. Dunn’s actually gone deep on just six Opening Days, but he had two homers in the openers for the Reds in both 2005 and ’07.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 4
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 155
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 17
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)