Apr 6, 2012, 1:18 PM EDT
“Oft-injured” was used to describe Jed Lowrie for most of his Red Sox career and now his Astros career will be delayed by, you guessed it, an injury.
X-rays and an MRI exam both showed no ligament damage, but he hasn’t been able to grip a bat and given his health history the Astros have decided to be cautious with their new starting shortstop.
Lowrie never played more than 88 games for the Red Sox and his latest DL stint means Brian Bixler will make the Opening Day roster.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)