Apr 6, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt spoke with Brewers’ owner Mark Attanasio, and he said that talks with general manager Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke for extensions and progressing nicely, and that a deal for both of them should be in place soon.
Seems like it’s a nice fit of all of these parts in Milwaukee. Like I said during spring training, I’m particularly impressed with Roenicke’s temperament and demeanor, and if I owned a team I think that’s the kind of guy I’d want managing it.
Also, if I owned a team I’d be sitting in the front row in a jersey, drinking beer and yelling at umpires and stuff, so maybe I’m not the best judge.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (92)