Apr 6, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt spoke with Brewers’ owner Mark Attanasio, and he said that talks with general manager Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke for extensions and progressing nicely, and that a deal for both of them should be in place soon.
Seems like it’s a nice fit of all of these parts in Milwaukee. Like I said during spring training, I’m particularly impressed with Roenicke’s temperament and demeanor, and if I owned a team I think that’s the kind of guy I’d want managing it.
Also, if I owned a team I’d be sitting in the front row in a jersey, drinking beer and yelling at umpires and stuff, so maybe I’m not the best judge.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)