Apr 6, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt spoke with Brewers’ owner Mark Attanasio, and he said that talks with general manager Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke for extensions and progressing nicely, and that a deal for both of them should be in place soon.
Seems like it’s a nice fit of all of these parts in Milwaukee. Like I said during spring training, I’m particularly impressed with Roenicke’s temperament and demeanor, and if I owned a team I think that’s the kind of guy I’d want managing it.
Also, if I owned a team I’d be sitting in the front row in a jersey, drinking beer and yelling at umpires and stuff, so maybe I’m not the best judge.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 9
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 47
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 29
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)