Apr 6, 2012, 3:08 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt spoke with Brewers’ owner Mark Attanasio, and he said that talks with general manager Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke for extensions and progressing nicely, and that a deal for both of them should be in place soon.
Seems like it’s a nice fit of all of these parts in Milwaukee. Like I said during spring training, I’m particularly impressed with Roenicke’s temperament and demeanor, and if I owned a team I think that’s the kind of guy I’d want managing it.
Also, if I owned a team I’d be sitting in the front row in a jersey, drinking beer and yelling at umpires and stuff, so maybe I’m not the best judge.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)