Apr 6, 2012, 3:08 PM EST
Tom Haudricourt spoke with Brewers’ owner Mark Attanasio, and he said that talks with general manager Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke for extensions and progressing nicely, and that a deal for both of them should be in place soon.
Seems like it’s a nice fit of all of these parts in Milwaukee. Like I said during spring training, I’m particularly impressed with Roenicke’s temperament and demeanor, and if I owned a team I think that’s the kind of guy I’d want managing it.
Also, if I owned a team I’d be sitting in the front row in a jersey, drinking beer and yelling at umpires and stuff, so maybe I’m not the best judge.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 41
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)