Apr 6, 2012, 12:47 AM EDT
It doesn’t look like Buster Posey‘s workload will be too limited initially. The Giants plan to have him catch all three of their games this weekend before giving him his first day off on Monday.
Posey has made terrific progress in recovering from last year’s ankle injury, and though the Giants took it easy on him at the beginning of the spring, he’s suffered no setbacks since ramping it up.
The Giants haven’t really indicated whether they intend to give Posey occasional starts at first base in order to keep his bat in the lineup. It seems like that’s a fallback option right now, hinging both on how his ankle holds up and on how well the combination of Brandon Belt and Brett Pill produces at first base.
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 14
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 11
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 53
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 51
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)