Apr 6, 2012, 12:47 AM EDT
It doesn’t look like Buster Posey‘s workload will be too limited initially. The Giants plan to have him catch all three of their games this weekend before giving him his first day off on Monday.
Posey has made terrific progress in recovering from last year’s ankle injury, and though the Giants took it easy on him at the beginning of the spring, he’s suffered no setbacks since ramping it up.
The Giants haven’t really indicated whether they intend to give Posey occasional starts at first base in order to keep his bat in the lineup. It seems like that’s a fallback option right now, hinging both on how his ankle holds up and on how well the combination of Brandon Belt and Brett Pill produces at first base.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 60
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 74
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 80
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 67
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)