Apr 6, 2012, 12:47 AM EDT
It doesn’t look like Buster Posey‘s workload will be too limited initially. The Giants plan to have him catch all three of their games this weekend before giving him his first day off on Monday.
Posey has made terrific progress in recovering from last year’s ankle injury, and though the Giants took it easy on him at the beginning of the spring, he’s suffered no setbacks since ramping it up.
The Giants haven’t really indicated whether they intend to give Posey occasional starts at first base in order to keep his bat in the lineup. It seems like that’s a fallback option right now, hinging both on how his ankle holds up and on how well the combination of Brandon Belt and Brett Pill produces at first base.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)