Apr 6, 2012, 12:47 AM EDT
It doesn’t look like Buster Posey‘s workload will be too limited initially. The Giants plan to have him catch all three of their games this weekend before giving him his first day off on Monday.
Posey has made terrific progress in recovering from last year’s ankle injury, and though the Giants took it easy on him at the beginning of the spring, he’s suffered no setbacks since ramping it up.
The Giants haven’t really indicated whether they intend to give Posey occasional starts at first base in order to keep his bat in the lineup. It seems like that’s a fallback option right now, hinging both on how his ankle holds up and on how well the combination of Brandon Belt and Brett Pill produces at first base.
- Oxbow ends Orb's Triple Crown hopes
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- PST: Teary Beckham likely plays final game
- PFT: Pre-draft fears about Gronk coming true
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- CBT: Chance Coach K returns for '16 Games
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3