Apr 6, 2012, 2:14 PM EDT
Michael Pineda begins the season on the disabled list with shoulder tendinitis after showing decreased velocity in Yankees camp and today manager Joe Girardi admitted that it’s “safe to say” Pineda won’t be in the majors until at least May.
Freddy Garcia resumes fifth-starter duties with Pineda out of the picture, but it’ll be interesting to see how the Yankees handle their rotation next month.
Assuming that Pineda gets healthy and Andy Pettitte continues to build up arm strength they’ll have seven starters for five spots, although at this point I suppose that’s a “cross that bridge when they get there” problem.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 23
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 37
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 39
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)