Apr 6, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox have signed Kip Wells to a minor league deal.
Yep, that Kip Wells. The man who hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2009. His last action was for the independent Long Island Ducks in 2010, where he started five games and had a WHIP of 1.519. He had a workout recently and was clocked at 93 m.p.h., however, so maybe he’s got his mojo back.
Plus there’s the history angle: he’s one loss away from an even 100.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)