Apr 6, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox have signed Kip Wells to a minor league deal.
Yep, that Kip Wells. The man who hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2009. His last action was for the independent Long Island Ducks in 2010, where he started five games and had a WHIP of 1.519. He had a workout recently and was clocked at 93 m.p.h., however, so maybe he’s got his mojo back.
Plus there’s the history angle: he’s one loss away from an even 100.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 33
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 60
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120