Apr 6, 2012, 10:30 AM EST
Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox have signed Kip Wells to a minor league deal.
Yep, that Kip Wells. The man who hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2009. His last action was for the independent Long Island Ducks in 2010, where he started five games and had a WHIP of 1.519. He had a workout recently and was clocked at 93 m.p.h., however, so maybe he’s got his mojo back.
Plus there’s the history angle: he’s one loss away from an even 100.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)