Apr 6, 2012, 10:30 AM EDT
Jon Heyman reports that the White Sox have signed Kip Wells to a minor league deal.
Yep, that Kip Wells. The man who hasn’t pitched in the bigs since 2009. His last action was for the independent Long Island Ducks in 2010, where he started five games and had a WHIP of 1.519. He had a workout recently and was clocked at 93 m.p.h., however, so maybe he’s got his mojo back.
Plus there’s the history angle: he’s one loss away from an even 100.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (76)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (71)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (70)