Apr 6, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
Opening Day is great in theory, but not always great in practice. Especially if you go to the ballpark. Why? You realize that it’s amateur hour, with people who never go to a ballgame making a holiday out of it. And by that I mean that they drink until they’re blind and generally act like jerks.
Go read DesigNate Roberton’s post about yesterday’s Opening Day in Detroit and you’ll find exactly that scene. He called it “a miserable experience from beginning to end,” and I have to agree with him.
Viva mid-June weeknight games with the park half full of people who know the hell what they’re doing.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)