Apr 6, 2012, 9:58 AM EDT
Opening Day is great in theory, but not always great in practice. Especially if you go to the ballpark. Why? You realize that it’s amateur hour, with people who never go to a ballgame making a holiday out of it. And by that I mean that they drink until they’re blind and generally act like jerks.
Go read DesigNate Roberton’s post about yesterday’s Opening Day in Detroit and you’ll find exactly that scene. He called it “a miserable experience from beginning to end,” and I have to agree with him.
Viva mid-June weeknight games with the park half full of people who know the hell what they’re doing.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 0
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)