Apr 6, 2012, 9:58 AM EST
Opening Day is great in theory, but not always great in practice. Especially if you go to the ballpark. Why? You realize that it’s amateur hour, with people who never go to a ballgame making a holiday out of it. And by that I mean that they drink until they’re blind and generally act like jerks.
Go read DesigNate Roberton’s post about yesterday’s Opening Day in Detroit and you’ll find exactly that scene. He called it “a miserable experience from beginning to end,” and I have to agree with him.
Viva mid-June weeknight games with the park half full of people who know the hell what they’re doing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)