Apr 6, 2012, 8:47 AM EST
From yesterday’s Dodgers-Padres game in San Diego:
Frank: Hey, Magic. Thanks for letting me go to the game with you.
Magic: [annoyed] Yeah, whatever, Frank.
Frank: Do you suppose I could get a ride with you back to L.A.?
Magic: No. I bought you a round trip bus ticket, and you’re using both halves of it.
Frank: Um, OK.
Frank: Can I get a hot dog?
Frank: When do I get my money?
Magic: Never if you keep bothering me.
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 64
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 32
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 13
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 119
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (119)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (93)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)