Apr 6, 2012, 10:55 PM EST
According to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Twins said this evening that the results of the exam were similar “structurally” to the one he had last July, when he was placed on the disabled list with a mild flexor muscle strain.
The good news is that no new damage was found, but Baker still plans to get a second opinion next week from Dr. David Altcheck in New York. Assuming he agrees with today’s diagnosis, he could resume pitching soon.
Of course, Baker was limited to just 24 innings after the All-Star break last year, so this doesn’t mean he is out of the woods yet.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)