Apr 6, 2012, 10:55 PM EST
According to Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Twins said this evening that the results of the exam were similar “structurally” to the one he had last July, when he was placed on the disabled list with a mild flexor muscle strain.
The good news is that no new damage was found, but Baker still plans to get a second opinion next week from Dr. David Altcheck in New York. Assuming he agrees with today’s diagnosis, he could resume pitching soon.
Of course, Baker was limited to just 24 innings after the All-Star break last year, so this doesn’t mean he is out of the woods yet.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27