The Cubs are interested in John Lannan

Apr 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EST

lannan ap AP

Yesterday Aaron asked if anyone wanted John Lannan. Well, at least one team might: the Chicago Cubs.

So says Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, who reports that the Cubs have “inquired again” about his services following his demotion by the Nationals.

Lannan would help a lot of teams. He wouldn’t necessarily be worth the $5 million he makes, but he’s durable and could eat innings at a decent clip. Not a bad pickup if you don’t expect fabulousness.

1. drmonkeyarmy - Apr 6, 2012 at 9:39 AM

They need to let him know they are interested. Maybe a nice dinner out….a decent place but not too fancy. They don’t want to appear desperate or snobby. Then, if all goes well maybe they can go to a quiet bar for a bourbon or brandy.

• cur68 - Apr 6, 2012 at 10:31 PM

I’m taking notes: a goonight kiss, or not? If yes, lips or cheek? If lips, tongue or no tongue?

2. WhenMattStairsIsKing - Apr 6, 2012 at 10:03 AM

If Washington pays Byrd’s salary and half of Lannan’s, sounds good to me. They make about the same amount of money, but if the payroll doesn’t get any lower, I’d much rather have Byrd stay.

3. thomas2727 - Apr 6, 2012 at 10:23 AM

Free Marlon Byrd

4. diehardcubbiefan4life - Apr 6, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I knew the Cubs would be looking for him. If the Nats take most of Byrd’s salary and maybe half of Lannan’s, I’d do a straight up 1 for 1 trade.

• WhenMattStairsIsKing - Apr 6, 2012 at 12:22 PM

I said the same thing above – well, almost, haha.

• natstowngreg - Apr 6, 2012 at 1:21 PM

From our Great Minds Think Alike Dept….

• diehardcubbiefan4life - Apr 6, 2012 at 1:52 PM

Yea, I saw that, completely agreed :D.

• diehardcubbiefan4life - Apr 6, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Yea, I saw that. Completely agree :D

Maddon has high hopes for Cubs
  1. P. Sandoval (4732)