Apr 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
So says Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, who reports that the Cubs have “inquired again” about his services following his demotion by the Nationals.
Lannan would help a lot of teams. He wouldn’t necessarily be worth the $5 million he makes, but he’s durable and could eat innings at a decent clip. Not a bad pickup if you don’t expect fabulousness.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 60
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 73
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)