Apr 6, 2012, 9:30 AM EDT
So says Gordon Wittenmyer of the Chicago Sun-Times, who reports that the Cubs have “inquired again” about his services following his demotion by the Nationals.
Lannan would help a lot of teams. He wouldn’t necessarily be worth the $5 million he makes, but he’s durable and could eat innings at a decent clip. Not a bad pickup if you don’t expect fabulousness.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)