What’s on tap for Opening Day v4.0

Apr 6, 2012, 8:22 AM EDT

Bunting flag

The fourth and final Opening Day is today. Thank you, Major League Baseball, for taking what is normally concentrated enjoyment and dividing it up into smaller, less-than-satisfying chunks!  The schedule:

• Chicago White Sox at Texas 2:05 PM Danks vs Lewis
  • Minnesota at Baltimore 3:05 PM Pavano vs Arrieta
  • NY Yankees at Tampa Bay 3:10 PM Sabathia vs Shields
  • St. Louis at Milwaukee 4:10 PM Garcia vs Gallardo
  • San Francisco at Arizona 7:00 PM Lincecum vs Kennedy
  • Colorado at Houston 7:05 PM Guthrie vs Rodriguez
  • Kansas City at LA Angels 10:00 PM Chen vs Weaver
  • Seattle at Oakland 10:05 PM Vargas vs McCarthy
  • LA Dodgers at San Diego 10:05 PM Billingsley vs Luebke

Pavano! Arrieta! Feel the excitement!

1. Jason @ IIATMS - Apr 6, 2012 at 8:32 AM

A midday start for my local team? Thankfully, my office is closed so Icahn try to watch!

• antlerclaws - Apr 6, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I took today off so I wouldn’t get burned by a midday start like I did last year.

• chadh88 - Apr 6, 2012 at 9:29 AM

Working on my excuse to leave at 2:30PM now. Maybe I’ll fake a call from the preschool and have to go get my kid immediately.

• stlouis1baseball - Apr 6, 2012 at 11:43 AM

That exactly right Chad!
        I have to leave today at 3:00 P.M. to pick up the kids at the Grandparents house as they have to leave.
        My Wife can’t pick them up due to her “Doctors appointment.”

• yankeesfanlen - Apr 6, 2012 at 9:44 AM

That’s the spirit Universe fans!

• sdelmonte - Apr 6, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Well, that start time means everyone can be at a seder at a reasonable hour.

• phukyouk - Apr 6, 2012 at 10:46 AM

yea…. but i need to “accidentally” leave the TV on so that i do not miss sat/sun games…

2. paperlions - Apr 6, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Bruce Chen is KC’s opening day starter, and really might be the best choice of their options. Their offense is improving, but with pitching like that they seem doomed to continue to be a bad baseball team.

3. karaterobot - Apr 6, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Hey Craig, don’t sully the excitement of Pavano. For some of us (remaining) die-hard Twins fans, it’s all we got.

• moveablenu - Apr 6, 2012 at 11:25 AM

As an Orioles fan, I have to agree. There’s no reason to call attention to how our starting pitcher matchup isn’t that exciting, WE’RE the ones who actually have to try to be excited about it, so leave us alone!

Oh, and don’t worry, karaterobot, for today, at least, Pavano’s gonna look like Roy Halladay.

Does anyone want to win the NL wild card?
  1. M. Cuddyer (2862)