Apr 7, 2012, 1:20 PM EDT
De La Rosa resumed facing live hitters in recent weeks and threw 45 pitches Tuesday in a simulated game. While he still has several minor league rehab starts in front of him, he told Troy Renck of the Denver Post yesterday that he is optimistic about his chances of returning in June.
“Of course I am watching!” De La Rosa said from his home in Scottsdale, Ariz., on how he was spending Friday night. “The (simulated game) went well. And (Friday) I threw an aggressive bullpen. I really think I can be back in June.”
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)