Apr 7, 2012, 9:40 AM EST
Morse, who is recovering from a right lat muscle strain, went 2-for-3 with a double and a home run as the designated hitter. Ankiel, who is coming back from a quad injury, went 1-for-3 with a home run while playing center field. Morse is eligible to come off the disabled list Tuesday against the Mets while Ankiel could return as soon as next Friday against the Reds.
Morse is obviously of more importance here, as he has quietly been the most potent bat in the Nationals’ lineup for the past two seasons. It’s hard to imagine Davey Johnson’s squad making a serious run at the playoffs if he isn’t healthy.
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 28
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 152
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 42
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 16
- Rockies trade Dexter Fowler to Astros for Jordan Lyles 24
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (152)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (83)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (74)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (69)
- Nationals acquire Doug Fister from Tigers (68)