Apr 7, 2012, 9:40 AM EDT
Morse, who is recovering from a right lat muscle strain, went 2-for-3 with a double and a home run as the designated hitter. Ankiel, who is coming back from a quad injury, went 1-for-3 with a home run while playing center field. Morse is eligible to come off the disabled list Tuesday against the Mets while Ankiel could return as soon as next Friday against the Reds.
Morse is obviously of more importance here, as he has quietly been the most potent bat in the Nationals’ lineup for the past two seasons. It’s hard to imagine Davey Johnson’s squad making a serious run at the playoffs if he isn’t healthy.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (95)