Apr 8, 2012, 8:15 PM EDT
The Brewers opened their regular-season schedule with a home series against the Cardinals, so we haven’t been given a taste of what kind of vitriol Ryan Braun is in for this summer at road parks.
But that will change Monday when Braun and the Brewers head to Chicago for a four-game set against the Cubs. And new teammate Aramis Ramirez, who knows a thing or two about the crowd at Wrigley Field, is expecting the reaction to be rough.
A-Ram spoke about the subject Sunday with Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
“I think it’s going to be ugly for Braun everywhere we go,” Ramirez said. “On the road, it’s going to be tough for him. He knows it. That’s no secret. Plus, he got a taste of it in spring training. Everywhere we go, he was getting booed.”
“But he’s a good player and he’s tough,” the Brewers third baseman concluded. “He’s tough mentally and I think he’s going to be OK. He’s a good enough player to separate that from his game.”
Braun, of course, had a 50-game PED suspension tossed out this offseason on a successful appeal of the sample-collecting process. He’s 4-for-12 with a homer and a walk through three games this year.
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 15
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 33
- Pouliot’s 2014 American League awards picks 15
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs 79
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- Reds beat Pirates behind Johnny Cueto, hand National League Central title to St. Louis 20
- Video: Steven Souza Jr. makes sensational catch to secure Jordan Zimmermann’s no-no 24
- David Price dominates Twins as Tigers win AL Central 30
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (79)
- Bud Selig says A-Rod will “have a clean slate” once his suspension is over (78)