Apr 8, 2012, 8:15 PM EST
The Brewers opened their regular-season schedule with a home series against the Cardinals, so we haven’t been given a taste of what kind of vitriol Ryan Braun is in for this summer at road parks.
But that will change Monday when Braun and the Brewers head to Chicago for a four-game set against the Cubs. And new teammate Aramis Ramirez, who knows a thing or two about the crowd at Wrigley Field, is expecting the reaction to be rough.
A-Ram spoke about the subject Sunday with Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:
“I think it’s going to be ugly for Braun everywhere we go,” Ramirez said. “On the road, it’s going to be tough for him. He knows it. That’s no secret. Plus, he got a taste of it in spring training. Everywhere we go, he was getting booed.”
“But he’s a good player and he’s tough,” the Brewers third baseman concluded. “He’s tough mentally and I think he’s going to be OK. He’s a good enough player to separate that from his game.”
Braun, of course, had a 50-game PED suspension tossed out this offseason on a successful appeal of the sample-collecting process. He’s 4-for-12 with a homer and a walk through three games this year.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)