Apr 8, 2012, 3:16 PM EST
Orioles right-hander Jason Hammel has a 4.99 career ERA and 1.47 career WHIP in the major leagues. But he’s putting on a clinic right now in Baltimore against an anemic Twins offense.
Hammel has thrown seven no-hit innings and is only up to 77 total pitches as the O’s prepare to bat in the bottom of the seventh. He’s walked two and fanned three, and allowed only two balls out of the infield.
We’ll update his progress from here on out.
UPDATE, 3:27 PM: Twins designated hitter Justin Morneau launched a double off the right field wall on the first pitch of the eighth inning. Josh Willingham followed with a double of his own, scoring Morneau and breaking up Hammel’s shot at a shutout. So much for that.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)