Apr 8, 2012, 2:21 PM EDT
Gotta love it…
Yes, Alcides Escobar is batting second for the Royals on Sunday. Not because Ned Yost thinks he’s good. Yost thinks Escobar is the worst or second worst hitter in his lineup, which is why he’s typically batted him ninth. But he’d decided it’s more important to protect his No. 6 hitter in Moustakas than it is to have someone halfway decent hitting in front of Eric Hosmer.
In what world does that make sense?
(This is my crusade of the month. Sorry if you’re sick of reading about it already, but managers have been giving away way too many outs from the second spot in the order these last couple of years.)
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (108)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)